The BOD took the off season to review or registration policy and we noticed that we have an overwhelming number of late registrants during the month of August. These late registrants make it difficult for our club to anticipate team sizes, manage weigh-ins and declare our final team number.
New in 2015 we have to amended our registration process and dates in hopes to make it easier for the coaches and staff. Take advantage of our early-bird discounts!!!
What's the Scoop?
* Open Registration will close on Sunday, August 2, 2015.
* Waitlist begins Monday, August 3, 2015
* Registration Closes Sunday, August 16, 2015
What this Means?
* If you register BEFORE August 2, 2015, you are GUARANTEED a spot on a team(Regardless of when you attend your first practice)
* If you register AFTER August 3, 2015, you will be WAITLISTED and will NOT be guaranteed a spot on a team. A coach will contact you if/when a spot opens up on the team. (Waitlists will be reviewed in the order in which they are received and not based on talent.)
* All registrations MUST be received no later than August 16, 2015 to be eligible to participate in the 2015 season. We will only re-open registration if we need additional players at certain weight classes.
All players must have a DMV issued ID in order to play
Everyone participating in the MYF Football must have a valid VA DMV ID card in hand for weigh-in. No other form of ID is acceptable to the football's governing body - the Fairfax County Youth Football League (FCYFL). This means the FCYFL will not accept birth certificates, military IDs, passports or any form of ID other than a VA DMV ID.
For our returning players this is a gentle reminder to check the expiration date on your current ID. Older versions of the ID expire after 5 years. For our new players here is a link to the VA DMV website that explains how to obtain a VA DMV ID.
Due to security issues, the VA DMV will not issue an ID at the time of application. These IDs are mailed to your home and the process can take up to 2 weeks.